Learn how to connect your Canon TS3160 printer to a wireless network easily and quickly.
The wireless setup is a straightforward method to perform. You can set this Canon printer up over a wireless network using the Easy Wireless Setup method (for PC users) or the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app (for smartphone users).
The following section explains both ways in detail.
Using the Easy Wireless Setup method
Opt for this method in case you wish to use your Windows or Mac computer to set up the printer over a wireless network.
- Initially, check whether the Easy Wireless Connect mode is enabled on your printer. If not, enable it. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Turn on your printer if it is turned off.
- Now, locate the Direct (looks like a phone) button on your printer's control panel and hold it down for a few seconds.
- As soon as the Direct icon starts flashing on your printer's screen, release the button.
- Within a few seconds, you can see the Wi-Fi and horizontal bars flashing on your printer.
- Now, open and run the Canon PIXMA TS3160 printer driver file on your computer to complete the wireless setup.
- Before running the driver file, ensure that your computer is connected to the same network (to which you're about to connect the printer).
- Click the Start Setup button.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to reach the “Check the Connection Method” screen.
- Check and verify your printer model and network name on the opened screen.
- Click Yes.
- Type your network's password in the Network Key field when prompted and click Next.
- Connect your Canon TS3160 printer to the wireless network by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
Using the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app (iOS)
Initially, check to ensure that your printer is in the Easy wireless setup mode.
Next, connect your iOS device to a stable internet connection.
Now, install the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on your device from the Apple App Store.
Tap the Agree button to begin the wireless setup.
Similarly, tap Allow While Using App if you're prompted to allow the app to access your location.
Now, the app will look for the Canon printer that is available within your iOS device's range.
Once the printer is detected, its name will be displayed on the screen.
If the app fails to detect the printer, the “If Printer Cannot be found” option will be displayed on the screen; tap on it and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to select your printer.
Complete the wireless setup by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
Contact us to know more about connecting your Canon TS3160 printer to a wireless network.